On the Discussions page of your course, you can browse and contribute to course discussions.
Navigation Pane #
On the left side of the Discussions page, the navigation pane displays all of the topics and posts in the course discussions, including inline (content-specific) discussions that are inside course units.
- Posts that appear in blue type with a blue bar indicate posts that you have not read.
- Posts that appear in gray type without a bar indicate posts that you have read.
- The post type icon indicates whether a post is a question or a discussion. For more information, see Adding posts to a discussion.
- The check mark icon indicates a “correct answer”. The check mark icon indicates that one of the responses to the post correctly answers the question asked in the post.
- The response or comment count indicator shows the number of responses and comments for a post. The number of new responses or comments that were added after you previously read a post is displayed next to the indicator.
- A “Pinned” label shows that a post has been pinned by administrators so that it always stays at the top of the topic list regardless of sort order.
- A “Following” label marks posts that you are following.
- A “Staff” or “Community TA” label marks posts that were added by course staff or community teaching assistants (TAs).